Wednesday, January 16, 2013

About Me


“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” –Coco Chanel
    Fashion is exhilarating. It is constantly changing and we must change along with it or be left breathlessly behind. This idea of an industry that can affect millions is why I love fashion. From a single garment we can change the ideas of many and spark a movement. My love for fashion is as multifaceted as the industry itself. The art of design moves me. In a mere second one garment can illicit such a powerful response that I am moved to tears. It can horrify, mesmerize, stupefy, or delight.  It is as profound and important as any of the great artworks treasured today. I value the art of styling an outfit to express individual taste, as well. It takes talent to show the world who you are without uttering a single word. In as much as fashion makes me feel, it also makes me strive to be something. My diligent work ethic, gregarious personality, and keen sense of business are all needed to make it in the industry. It takes a sharp mind to turn a passion into a thriving business. One day I will move to New York and succeed in a field I love. I aspire to work closely with emerging designers to help them become “the next big thing” by marketing and selling their work to fashionistas around the globe. I will be the person who helps turn their vision into a reality. Fashion does more than simply clothe me, it inspires me to make my mark in this world.

“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.”  -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment